Jamaros in Sigil (The Risen Return)


18th Day of the Month of Conflict, 126th Year of Factol Haskar's Administration

The man grins, revealing razor sharp teeth, “Welcome, Jamaros.  I would like to thank you for accepting my invitation.”  The strength radiating off of this stranger is intense and, unwillingly, the undead barbarian slowly bends a knee to the demonic being seated in front of him.  “I have a job for you.”



“Let me stand and look you in the face instead of making me kneel and I will be more than happy to hear you out.” Jamaros replied through gritted teeth. 

Peals of laughter rang throughout the throne room and suddenly the pressure on the undead barbarian’s shoulders vanished, “Ah yes, forgive me. I sometimes forget the effect I have on those in my presence.  And while I would not disrespect the man I want to lead my army, I would advise you to watch your tone lest I retract the gift I have given you.”  The undead god waves his hand negligently, dismissing both women and the assemblage of ghouls gathered around the chamber and rises from his seat.  “Walk with me.  Listen to my offer so you will know what it is that you will be accepting.”  The god descends the steps of his dais and stands beside the massive Nordheimer.  Jamaros eyes this ghoul king with suspicion, taking in the details of his patron and enemy all at once.  While the god is taller, Jamaros is broader and more muscular.  His claws are just as wicked and his teeth as sharp and cruel.  The aura of power radiating off of the creature, though subdued, is still enough to set the barbarian’s skin crawling. 

“I wish for an earthly kingdom, a place I can go to relish the finer things in life.  You will be given the task of carving out that kingdom.  I have forces in place but the leadership has proven…lazy, more prone to fighting amongst themselves than our enemies.  I would have you take command of the forces that are already in place and lead them to victory by whatever means you see fit.  In return, I will grant you even greater power and you will rule over my kingdom while I am absent.”


Jamaros stops, stunned by what the Ghoul King has proposed.  His eyes narrow as he looks upon the Lord of Ghouls and asks, "I will take the mission and accept your payment but I am not one to sit on a throne and rule, even in your absence.  The only wish I have is to become powerful enough to rejoin my companions and if this form is your gift to me, despite its drawbacks and the infernal hunger that burns in my stomach.  But I will need worthy companions to complete the work you are entrusting to me."


Doresain smiles, "I thought you may something like that.  I have already selected a pair of lieutenants to serve you.  Perhaps you will remember them."  The god snaps his fingers and two ghouls emerge from the shadows and prostrate themselves before the deity and his general.  "I give you The Risen.  They are yours to command, your assassins, your confidants, your bodyguards, whatever you require, they will provide, even their deaths if that is what suits you.  Consider this a partial repayment for your time."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osse - The Forgotten Continent of the Forgotten Realms

The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle

Beldam (Other Mother from Coraline)

Gisaku Fujita - Ninja Chef

BeyBlades for D&D

Accidentally Funny