Hit Points - Life of the Party!

Those of you who have been reading the blog know that I don’t post the character’s actual health during battles – just a percentage number instead.  Well, any player with basic math skills can quickly determine just how many hit points he has left and I feel like that can take away from the “immediacy” of a combat situation.   I have been toying with the idea of switching to a more “descriptive” set of terms to give the group an idea of just how badly they have been injured.

I am thinking something like…
100% - Uninjured

91-99% - Flesh Wound

81-90% - Bloodied

71-80% - Bruised

61-70% - Battered

51-60% - Injured

41-50% - Hurting

31-40% - Mangled

21-30% - Maimed

11-20% - Mauled

01-10% - How is thig guy still standing?


What do you think?  I'm looking for suggestions here.  Let me know if you have any ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osse - The Forgotten Continent of the Forgotten Realms

The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle

Beldam (Other Mother from Coraline)

Gisaku Fujita - Ninja Chef

Accidentally Funny

Malazzarr's Temple in Lankhmar