The Winter That Doesn't Know When to Quit

Fimbulvetr...Game of Thrones..."Christmas Everyday!" from the Fairly Oddparents...the list is almost as infinite as Winter itself.
See the source image
Endless frost and snow are common go-to themes for both fantasy and sci-fi, whether it is Bobby Drake kicking off another Ice Age on Earth-616, Elsa bringing an Eternal (err... three-day) Winter down on Arendelle, or COBRA using their weather dominator to fight G.I. Joe, the causes for a winter without end are limitless.

In the campaigns I have run, I have generally glossed over winter unless there was something specific in-story reason for the players' characters to be out and about, battling blizzards or fighting their way through snow drifts or even just finding their hats and mittens because, like my children, they have no idea where they placed these items when they took them off.

I only mention these things because it snowed here today.  I don't care that the snow was melting as fast as it was falling.  I don't care that none of it stuck.  What I do care about is that Memorial Day is only a month away and winter is still hanging around like a houseguest who has overstayed their welcome and won't take a hint.

What is your favorite Endless Winter scenario?  Or, are you like me and choose to gloss over the season whenever possible?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osse - The Forgotten Continent of the Forgotten Realms

The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle

Beldam (Other Mother from Coraline)

Gisaku Fujita - Ninja Chef

BeyBlades for D&D

Accidentally Funny