White Man's Medicine

I came down with a touch of the flu a few days ago. I will leave the more disgusting details to your imaginations but my wife assures that at no point did I become a whiny %$@#.


After downing enough DayQuil to render a water buffalo unconscious, I slept until about 2 in the afternoon and then worked my night job as normal (well, maybe a little slower than usual but you get the idea).

That got me to thinking about how I had White Man Medicine - Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, DayQuil,* and Sprite - to thank for my speedy recovery.


And that, in game, characters should have access to something similar (because in my campaigns, Clerics are always hard to come by).

Any character who finds himself the victim of a non-cursed disease who takes White Man's Medicine gains a +2 saving throw bonus to recover from the disease while a healer treating an infected character gains a +2 bonus to all skill/non-weapon proficiency checks related to the care of that individual.

* A Google search for "homemade DayQuil" tells me that a mixture of lemon, peppermint, ravensara, melaleuca, laurel leaf, and eucalyptus oils applied topically to the back, chest, or feet improves respiration, soothes headaches and has a pleasant calming aroma that also aids in sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osse - The Forgotten Continent of the Forgotten Realms

The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle

Beldam (Other Mother from Coraline)

Gisaku Fujita - Ninja Chef

BeyBlades for D&D

Accidentally Funny