Western Heroes Card Game

I found this at an Antique Shop while working today.


The directions on the back of the box give me the impression that this game is basically "Go Fish" but you need four cards instead of two and different heroes have different point values.


Included in the deck are:

Annie Oakley (1 point)
Calamity Jane (1 point)
Wild Bill Hickok (1 point)
Bat Masterson (2 points)
Clay Hollister (2 points)
Jim Bowie (2 points)
Pat Garret (2 points)
Kit Carson (3 points)
Matt Wayne (3 points)
Wyatt Earp (4 points)
Buffalo Bill (5 points)


The fact that both both female characters are each only worth one point is probably a sign of the times (game is from the 1950s)

What bothered me was that I didn't recognize two of the name (Clay Hollister and Matt Wayne). I Googled - repeatedly and with a couple different variations on my search terms and have come to the conclusion that Clay was a fictional character and the Matt I keep finding is a writer. I think I would have substituted Bass Reeves and (maybe?) Charles Goodnight in their place though.

I also saw that individual cards are selling for $3.42 on eBay so the $3.50 I plunked down seems like a steal in retrospect. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osse - The Forgotten Continent of the Forgotten Realms

The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle

Gisaku Fujita - Ninja Chef

Beldam (Other Mother from Coraline)

BeyBlades for D&D

Accidentally Funny